God will Find It ALL OUTSee the folly of those that promise themselves secrecy in sin. Te righteous God has many ways of being to light the hidden works of darkness....We must pray with holy Job, Lord, show me wherefore those contendest with me.
Suffering comes when the heart walks after the eyes... (if our eyes wonder) than we shall be sure to weep for it.... that which is pleasing in the commission, is bitter in the reflection. (Matthew Henry 223)
Man's Image Accountability
You are not reducible. You are not a net zero, or a number (0 or 1) in a hyper-textual-networked-machine. You are the sons of God representing his glory here in this battle torn world. As a son or daughter of God we are accountable for all our actions. We are his, when aligned with him, ambassadors in a fallen world.
We have been crucified with Christ so that we are no longer enslaved to sin.
Our sins in Christ have been paid, so don't waiver, don't store away secret sins, and attempt to cover your tracks. This is something that can not be done, for God digs and exposes all of our sins.
Romans 8:1 We are accountable for our actions.
The Real Battle Royale
Deus Contra Mundum: God Versus the World (of Man)
Hugh J. Blair in his commentary on Joshua states: "Israel was now a nation, and the sin of the individual was the sin of the nation until the nation repudiated it and expedition was made." pg 241
To The Arguement: This is Just Old Man, Old Testament God
Not so, look at Acts 5:1-11 God cares about all of our sins. And will be patient until the right time to root all of them out... on his prescribed day....
What can I do about this
- Align your mind through the renewal of it in God's word-first thing in the morning and in the afternoon, and before one goes to bed. God's word is something that will arm us with all that we need to walk in this world of the walking Dead.
- Run Rabit Run Run Run from all of the sins of the world. Don't allow the sins to croch at your door. Root it out, like a hog does to the brush, and find out all that needs to be repented, find the roots and dig them out.
- Find a good church, a group of confessing sinners who understand the sinful nature of man, and understand that it is a big deal to sin. But being sinners they can support the sinner out of genuine love.
- Accountability buddies who will keep us on the straight and narrow road; for along our adventure there will be many things that may tempt the eyes.
- Remember that ye represent not only yourself, but also the holy journey of others... you can't help others if you can't help yourself. And we all need each other to get through this war of the spirit.
The Message on Joshua 7:10-13
10-12 God said to Joshua, "Get up. Why are you groveling? Israel has sinned: They've broken the covenant I commanded them; they've taken forbidden plunder—stolen and then covered up the theft, squirreling it away with their own stuff. The People of Israel can no longer look their enemies in the eye—they themselves are plunder. I can't continue with you if you don't rid yourselves of the cursed things.
13 "So get started. Purify the people. Tell them: Get ready for tomorrow by purifying yourselves. For this is what God, the God of Israel, says: There are cursed things in the camp. You won't be able to face your enemies until you have gotten rid of these cursed things. (The Message)
Read the Passage-Joshua 7:1-26: ESV Passage
Picture was taken by Jessica Baylor Rothbard at the Sun And Fun Air Show April 3 2011
Redeemer Presbyterian Roasted the Whole Hog It was Delicious.