At thy voice of thunder so fearful they be, That in their great raging they haste soon away.
Joshua 3:1-17 To cross over the Jordan. The symbol of all the mighty rivers we must cross. Lets love each other as an army of believers who all have Jordans to cross.
According to Charles Drew in his Sermon Study of Joshua the Jordan represents-
- a huge obstacle, one that we can not conquer on our own.
- Obstacles in our lives that are more than annoying.
- Up stream should not make you fear, for the LORD has already made the truth occur, he has a plan, he has a will, and his will is always done to the Glory of his name.
- The arc goes before us in all that we do, even in brushing our hair.
- He bears the hard rain himself so the flood dissipates.