Mar 3, 2011

Deli World Faith

The daisy and selfishness


Illustration by Ken Crane
This was from Paulo Coehlo one of my favorite authors.  I did not write this... though I wish I had 
Wowzer this so speaks to me... and my felt need to be self loathing.  I am just a Deli Clerk among Deli Clerks.... hmmmm!  At least there is a need for Deli Clerks.  

“I am a daisy in a field of daisies,” thought the flower. “Amidst others, it is impossible to notice my beauty.”
An angel heard what she was thinking and commented:
- But you are so pretty!
- I want to be the only one!
In order not to hear any complaints, the angel carried her off to a city square.
Some days later, the mayor went there with a gardener to make some changes to the square.
- There is nothing of interest here. Dig up the earth and plant geraniums.
- Hold on a minute! – cried out the daisy. – You’ll kill me if you do that!
- If there were some others like you, we could make some nice decoration – answered the mayor. – But there are no daisies to be found around here, and you on your own do not make a garden.
Then he tore the flower from the ground.

No comments:

EXFM Songs