Dec 19, 2011

Review Rewrite: The Gospel According to Jesus

 One of my good friends recommended that I rewrite my review for The Gospel According to Jesus.  I hope this review shows a clearer head.   I have kept my other Gospel review in order to maintain my credibility and show that at times one does fall short in writing.  But the big thing is to get up and do it again.  Here is the updated review.   Thank you for your timely criticism, I hope this one is more clear.
The Gospel According to JesusThe Gospel According to Jesus by Chris Seay

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


What is the gospel?  I had a hard time coming to terms with this question posed by Chris Seay.  It is a question that sent me on a year and a half long journey and nearly cost me my ability to stay connected in the flux of my momentary sanity.  The book tells of a Gospel that speaks to individuals broken from a rebellion from God, to a place of reconciliation.  This place of reconciliation will be a place where a holy people can regain a peaceful relationship with God.

The Gospel According to Jesus, in short, is a brilliant investigation into the Gospel and a stepping stone to a personal journey and revelation into authentic Christianity. He has provided us fellow pilgrims a resource for our Christian Walk.

What I liked about the book:

* The book was a pleasure to read.

* Good resources were provided in the book.  I loved the prayers.

* It kindles a search into Jesus and the Gospels and makes you want to dig deeper.

What I didn’t like about the book:

* As a primary guide it falls short in Christian Theology because it is works based.





View all my reviews

No comments:

EXFM Songs