Feb 5, 2009

Thor's Day 475


Thor's hammer was laid down in the fall of '75.

The night was growing cold and his arms were tired of beating the same rhythm over and over again. He knew it was time he should be headed out.

He laid his hammer down, flipped off the houses lights, and opened the car garage.

His Ford Station Wagon sat ready, filled up with gas, and ready to hit the road for at least a 1,000 miles. He wanted to be anywhere but here.

He loved his Ford Station Wagon because it had fake wood trim. The wood trim reminded him of the mighty oak of Valhalla. He turned on the radio to Laramie Wyoming's Folk Alley, a fitting song played as he backed out of the driveway:

I love you baby, but I`m gonna have to say goodbye.

Woman, I got to move, I really got to fly. Same thing every morning,
Tell me what`s it all about. I get those same old blues every night."
I miss you already, baby, more than words can say.
Seems like I`ve been gone twenty-four hours, more like a million days.
I love you baby, you know I woudn`t tell you no lies.
If you don`t believe I love you, look at the tears standing in my eyes. (Eric Clapton)

As Thor departed the earth was scorched and the mountains cracked and the house was laid barren.

If you don`t believe I love you, look at the tears standing in my eyes.

No comments:

EXFM Songs