Mar 23, 2012

Men Beating Drums


Money Ball First Base



“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
Apple Inc.

Guiding Questions



What is stopping you on first base?

What are you scared of? .




Analysis and Answers to the Guiding Questions



 Hmmm progress in a man's life is a funny thing. Even when you have hit a home-run, you cling to first base because it is the familiar location. I learned of this clip from Christ Community Church in Daytona and Larry Kirk. The lesson of first base is important.  I have worked at getting my close in the kitchen for the past six months.  I need to get the job done by 10:30 p.m..  But for some reason this time would pass and I would not be done yet.  I found that psychologically I was slowing down when I should have sped up.  I would spend too much time trying to get to perfect on details.  Why?

Because, some deeper pathology was keeping me from finishing on time.  It was an inner thought that somehow I was not good enough to be efficient in the kitchen.   So I remembered the parable and thought, oops, I have been hugging first base when I have it in me to hit a home run.   So I ask again what's holding you on first base, when you have it in you to hit a home run?  Go! Score! Forget About your past mistakes! And embrace Christ so that you can be released from the need to be scratching to get a hold.

No comments:

EXFM Songs