- Literal Sense.
- Moral Application to the Soul.
- Allegorical or Spiritual Sense.
- Literal Sense: Word by word
1:1 Paul, an apostle—not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead— 2 and all the brothers who are with me,
To the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
- Moral Application to the Soul: But it is in vain for those who are not delivered from the present evil world by the sanctification of the spirit to expect that they are freed from its condemnation by the blood of Jesus. Matthew Henry pg 1134
- Allegorical or Spiritual Sense: Do you think I speak this strongly in order to manipulate crowds? Or curry favor with God? Or get popular applause? If my goal was popularity I wouldn't bother being Christ's slave. (The Message pg 459)