Feb 18, 2012

Hebrews 5:1-10

Boldness Entering A New World Where Men Entered Space
Hebrews 4:14-5:10 English Standard Version (ESV) 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
He boldly stood before the threshhold repeating to himself the old hymn:







"I will enter his grace with trembling in my heart.
I will enter his grace with praise.
I will rejoice for he has made me glad.
I will enter his gates with praise.
I will rejoice for he has made me glad."



The congregation, he had prepared with, echoed in the chamber of his mind. He stood on the ramp leading to space. He stared into the infinite space. He trembled.   The congregation prepared the astronaut by encouraging him in the word of God.
"He has made me glad... I will enter his gates with praise."
He repeated to himself as he was terrified at the emptiness that laid before him past his green spaceship.
   He remembered the pastor talking of the "LORD's Shekinah Glory".
  He had gone through the ritual of purification, for he had to be pure to enter the LORD's infinite temple.   His natural self would never be allowed in this space.  But he was ready to commune with the LORD in the infinite space of his temple.  
So he thought, "Have I done enough? Am I ready to enter?  Will I return back home? Will the chord that connects me to my space-ship stay connected?"
 But doubt trembled inside... as he took a step into infinite space. 





What Is This About


Every week I will attempt to write a short piece of fiction that was connected to the sermon by David Martin at Redeemer.  As I am a big fan of science fiction, fantasy, and Stephen King Novels, the story will take a fantastical bent.    I think this is the best way that I can respond to the service and worship with my true heart.   I hope you find this as an encouragement.   If you find anything that is heretical or misguided than please respond to my story.   I am interested in your thoughts and hope to hear your stories soon.

2 comments:

Hamilton said...

Hi Gregory!
Thank you for your wonderful analogy about our spirit/hope life, as being schooled, trained,+ purified to join with God in our faith to what feels like stepping away from familiar into a complete unknown, "like a rolling stone".
God is All. My prayers with you and your dear heart. Jean Hamilton

Unknown said...

I am so thankful for the encouragement from Ms. Hamilton. I agree with her comment, "Stepping away from familiar into a complete unknown." Though, I was not truly sure what I was attempting to say. I did not go out to say a certain thing. I get an impression and go with it. And allow the impression to shape my thoughts.

EXFM Songs